Monday 15 October 2012

Hand drawn Vs Photoshop: Creating a font


This is the font I made in ifont, which allows me to use the touch screen on the ipad to draw the letters and numbers. Using the ipad to create my font was a lot easier than creating my font in Fontstruct as I was able to just draw it out using my finger and I don’t have to worry about the harder letters like `z’ and `x’ because of the diagonal lines. I named my font happy days because the letters are quite rounded and don’t have perfect straight lines and so looks like a font that is care free. I also feel that it isn’t very formal because in the lower case letters the size of the letter changes on some of them I think this makes it look more interesting.  


This is my finger alphabet painting. Just like the font I made in ifont it’s a very relaxed font with rounded corners and edges. The edges aren’t as crisp as the version made on the ipad but that’s because I am using my finger and can’t keep it steady enough to draw a line and plus the paint runs out on my finger on occasions. I stuck to the one colour of blue but could have mixed in other colours to make it look more interesting but decided not to.     


No comments:

Post a Comment