Thursday 8 November 2012

t-shirt first ideas


This design has been created on the basis of my creation of the alphabet in Fontstruct. As I didn’t have time to finish off the last two letters of the alphabet I have improvised and changed the spelling of sky, if I was to use this font on my t-shirt as my design I would most probably make time to finish the font off. I have used the lyrics from a Rihanna song called diamonds. I felt this linked in with the type of font I have used.  


This design has been created using the calligram I made inspired by Oscar Wilson. I simply placed the calligram in the centre of the t-shirt and made a saying that I could use that would go with the calligram. I remembered that Primark used to sell these perfume t-shirts with Co-Co Chanel and their no. 1 perfumes printed on the t-shirt as their main design, this is where my inspiration came from. Usually you would see a saying in French like J’adore so I used “odeur sucree” which means smelling sweet. 


To create this t-shirt I used the font I made in ifont. I also used a simple handwritten looking font to create the rest of the phrase. The phrase I used here is based on weather “happy days and sunshine rays” I also added a little illustration of a rainbow in the corner of the t-shirt. The theme of weather is something that I could look into for my final piece. The phrase just came to me randomly and didn’t take much thought 


This t-shirt design has been greatly inspired by Rihanna’s album Rated R. To create this I used the clipping mask I made inspired by M/M Paris. I also used the album font design to create the R for the word `rated’ just to emphasise this, I just used a simple font to continue the rest of the word. Compared to the other t-shirt designs this is a very dull one with only using black, grey and white.    


This is just my simple Si Scott design on the t-shirt; I haven’t made any changes to the top of design. Si Scott didn’t really inspire me on any sayings or phrases and wouldn’t in anyway help me to develop my ideas. 



I have used my watercolour technique to create this piece and used a simple quote that goes with the word “smile”, “even though your heart is breaking”. I chose a simple italic font which went with this sad saying, I then added colour to three of the words. I used red as this was a colour used in my watercolour and I felt it represented the colour of the heart quite well. As soon as I put some thought into it I immediately thought that the watercolour technique would fit in with the weather idea and the rainbow illustration. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's very nice design. I like that very much. thanks for sharing with us. Visit us: Clipping path service

    ReplyDelete