Thursday 18 April 2013

More collages

I decided to carry on with the geometric collages that I created for my trip work development. For these I took photographs of a female model covering her face with a kettle or a saucepan and then holding household appliances in the other hand like a hover or a rolling pin. At first I started with small triangles and then decided to go bigger as it hid the original image to much. To make these triangles on the back of the image I measured out lots of equally sized squares and the halved them diagonally to create the triangle shapes and cut them out individually. I think the background to the photograph and the cutting into the photo by making geometric shapes connects together to relate to the theme as it is both distorting and hiding the natural shapes of the image. 

The other collage in the bottom right hand corner takes the geometric shape even further as it uses the square shapes and puts them into a different shape. The photo is of 2 female children playing around with kitchen utensils, as the direction that I am heading in is feminism, the photo that I have used is putting children into their roles before they have even turned into adults. I think the collages relate to Julie Cockburn who uses the same idea but works on top of portrait images distorting the face by cutting it up into geometric shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment