Monday 10 December 2012

Advert background development

This is the first background that I created using in a hand on approach. To create this I used masking tape which was cut into different letters and then stuck on a plain white sheet of A4 paper. I then painted over the top of this with different coloured ready mix paint. Unfortunately the way the letters had to be placed would not be the right orientation of my magazine and so this would not be appropriate. around the letters the colours bled and so did not give a neat edge and some of the paper ripped. However the idea of bright colours shows through on this one and to me it looks like it would entice teenagers. I have decided that I will not continue with the idea. 
This is made by applying droplets of ink on an A4 sheet of paper. I think in the end the colours ran to much and made more of a brown colour and does not use my idea of bold bright colours because of this I will not be continuing with this idea.

This has been made digitally, to create this I scrunched up lots of paper and then squished it in the scanner, it then scanned it in to be edited. This is probably the most successful background experimentation and will be continuing with this by editing it in Photoshop to make it bright and colourful.

These screen shoots show how I experimented with changing the colour of the scanned image   
First I opened up Photoshop with the image that I wanted to edit then went to image>adjustments>Hue saturation.
This box then comes up, I clicked colourise then messed around with the hue, lightness and saturation. to create these colour shown in the screen shot the numbers were hue: 234, saturation: 54 and lightness: -1. These are the colours that I created:







No comments:

Post a Comment