Monday 14 January 2013

Analysis of feature spreads

I found this feature spread on the internet searching for articles which use food and drink seeing as that is my main theme for the feature spread. I quite like the idea of having the whole main image as the background, if I was to take this idea I would have to make sure the photo that I took was landscape, although what is happening in this image is all to the left which means the text wouldn't be disturbed and have the image landscape. I have noticed that in the photo the background is totally white so this allows the colour to come through on the actual object they want to display. 

The title I also only on the right hand side of the page and has not been made very large, the type of font is also very simple matching the idea of a simple and natural drink. The colour also represents the drink as they have used the same colour of the tea for the title, this is something I woulld like to do on my feature spread and artist article, or if not the same colour relate it somehow to the image. 

The creator of this article has also started off wit a big paragraph i think this is a good way of suming up the whole article and intices the reader, also subtitles have been used and I could easily create subtitles on my article to make it an easier read.    

This is a feature spread that I found using a smash hits annual from the 80's, obviously during that time people were wearing and using bright colours. These bold bright colours in the article relate to what the singer, Madonna, is wearing and her personality at the time of this article, she is a celebrity known to make bold statements.

The main and only image has been placed in the center of this article and is left on a background of bright, digitally made stars, the bright colours help it stand out and capture your attention. The fonts used for the title are all different, all looking like they relate to the meaning of the word. some of the font looks like its been hand drawn putting layer upon layer of colour, this is to do with the word "Bold".

The main article doesn't use any subtitles and uses neat simple collumns so it is easy to read, there aren't bits of article all over the place and the text isn't wrapped around the image which also helps the reading. I think this would actually look quite good with the text wrapped around the image as the image would look more involved with the article.   

I decided to use this article from the Take it easy magazine because this is an example of what I don't want my final feature spread to look like, to me they have just crammed everything onto this page and doesn't look very good. What i will take from this article however is the pink box in the bottom right hand corner, on my feature spread I would like a way of seperating the text from the main article by ripping paper and scanning it and placing a text box on top, I feel this is different but a take on what they have done here. I really like the idea of using different shapes for the text box aswell.

On this magazine spread they haven't got a proper article to use and are basically putting their verdict on certain products so have to have text that is in odd places wrapped around the image of the product. They have also added to this using a different coloured text box other beauty products and this is where I feel it gets to much. Even the title hasn't been made that big becuase of the many images of the beauty products and is just a simple font using a pink colour, associating with the fact that they are giving their verdict on women's beauty products, but there is nothing special about the font.

No comments:

Post a Comment