Monday 14 January 2013

Photoshoot

The still life Photos turned out really well and the light was perfect in most of them as each of the photos that I took turned out the way I wanted them to, I have chosen three of the best photos of each camera direction and arrangement to edit in Photoshop. I will edit them first by making the colour of the fruit much brighter. These photos should help me with chosing either a bright and bold theme or an indulgent theme.  
This is a simple arrangement of the bundle of fruit all together I had to place light on it so that a better image could be taken because it was dark when I took it and the light isn't very good in my house. Each object has been arranged so I can see every piece of fruit in the photo. I think this would be good to use as a main image if I was to use the bright and bold theme becuase of being able to see the whole bundle of fruit.
This is a close up photo and have given it a focus point at the front so it blurs at the back. The light that I used to get a better image seems to be really hitting the banana and could have probably done with moving the light so it didn't hit the banana so much. This means that I will definately be using the arrangement of fruit instead of the close up as I don't think the banana will be to totally seen when I mess around with the colour of the image. Also i don't want the blurring in the background, I would like an image that is totally clear.
This is one of my attempted indulgent photos, to create this I used a christmas tree in the background and lit some four candles, two of each design so it didn't look uneven, by the side of the fruit bowl so there would be some light. I did have to put some light on it as my original photos without the extra light only allowed me to see some of the outline of the fruit and not the colour. 






To create these I played with the vibrance and the saturation in photoshop, I knew that I wanted to make the first two photos bright and vibrant and the thrid Photo to make the fruit more visable and the photo lighter in general. The background has gone from the second image and I think this would be good for the main image that I originally wanted for the theme of bold and bright so am going to try this with the other fruit arrangement to get rid of the not so plain white background that I don't want in my final piece. The third photo that I edited was supposed to include a collection of fruity things that matched with an indulgent theme and christmas decorations, when I made but it got ruined and I used and cut up most of the fruit originally so this has helped me decide the theme and have gone with the bright fruit images as I don't have any other personl ones to go with the indulgent theme.

The process of changing the colour

I first put the image in photoshop and then clicked  adjustments and then hue/saturation. 

This is what comes up when you click the hue/saturation, I then put the saturation up to +36 and clicked ok.  

I then went back into adjustments and clicked vibrance. 


Once in vibrance I put the vibrance up to+4 and the saturation bar up to +11

The process of removing the background
I dropped the image into photoshop and then clicked the magnetic lasso tool.
I Then used it to draw around the outline.
after drawing around the outline I then copied it

I then Added a new layer


I then pasted onto the new layer and deleted the other background







These images below are using the cut out sections of the two images using photoshop and the magnetic polygonal tool, which was very difficult to get a very neat cut out of the fruit. This is also a way of using my other image and not wasting it as it is a pretty good photograph in my eyes. These cut outs can be used on the right hand side of the page, placed behind the article to make the page look more interesting.







I have decided to draw some of the fruit that i took pictures of to add onto my my feature spread, even if they are really little images to make it look different from other magazines. Thy are just quick sketchy outlines with no detail on them as I wanted it to look natural. When I originally scanned these I made sure that i pressed down hard with the pencil so I could have a good outline showing, i also made it darker by playing with the saturation in photoshop so it would show up better. To add to the natural theme of fruit I have decided to add these drawings onto my final piece and layering it on top of the different coloured background.

I decided to choose very natural colours to emphasise that fruit is a natural object so used a bit of brown paper by taking a brown envelope and tearing it up. The sandy coloured looking one was a normal coloured sheet of paper that I already had.

i decided to use brown because it is a contrast to the bright colours i'm using on the fruit so will stand out, it also reminds me of the crates that the fruit comes in and so this would be perfect.



I have now added the images to the brown paper and created different arrangements to see what looks better, in the end I decided that the last one was the best arrangement as it looked like a proper design for one of those note to selves left on a fridge or table and thought it looked quite funky. I think the first one looks quite odd as it doesn't have any atructure to the placing of the images it's quite random. The second one shows the images on the left hand side and reminds of a book, where as I like the idea of a post it note looking box.

No comments:

Post a Comment