Friday 4 January 2013

magazine layout collages


The design on this is rather simple, the title has been made using green coloured paper that has been ripped. I chose the green colour because I wanted it to match the colour of the hand drawn necklace. Pencil markings have been added on top using a letter to show where the title would go. I have then used two of my own hand drawn images and added a subtitle and an article around it. The layout of this piece shows something that would have a short read and isn't a long article which wouldn't be appropriate for my in depth analysis so would have to move things around in order to fit more in. Also where the title is placed, on the real design this would be disrupted by the fold in the page. There are lots of gaps in between the article and the photos and probably looks more appealing because it has a balance between the pages.  


This design is rather colourful, it allows me to add lots of text with space for a few images on each side. I think it looks rather interesting but I feel that I would need to pick a colour scheme if I take this design further to illustrator as the colours there will be quite different from the ones I have used on my collage. Colour is something that I must have to make it look more interesting but if I carry on with the design I will place colours together in illustrator and see which ones go best with each other, whilst using the colours in the image. There is also still space for gaps in between the columns which I would say is sort of a breather for the person reading the article so it looks appealing. For the Fanta can on the real thing I could wrap the text around it, however this would then mean that I would have to get rid of the colour squares behind the image which would mean not having a continuous design throughout out it so would make it look unbalanced.
I decided to take the mind map design further and it just looks to hectic, there is to much going on. I don't think that this design would be appropriate and so I am not going to take this design any further. To me it has no organisation because of having the space to add so much text.  I could wrap the text around the image to make it look much neater and would possibly take down the chaotic feel to it. Even though there are lots of images, this is overpowered by the amount of text., the crease in between the pages would also disrupt the title and distort it.

No comments:

Post a Comment