Friday 4 January 2013

magazine layout sketches

(order of annotation - from left to right)

Top left hand corner: A very simple one probably the most used layout for a magazine, title sprawled out at the top of the page, with the images and then the article by itself with an embedded quotation. This design would allow me to add lots of images with quite a fair bit of text.

Top right hand side: Has been slightly changed from the first one. The title has been shrunk and the subtitle box has been placed on the other side. I think that for a double page spread it either needs to be centred, which is difficult because of the crease in the centre which would hide some of the title or made to take up most of the top left hand page.

Middle left: The images have been placed at the top of the page and the title separates the images from the article. With this layout I think having so much like that at the top of the page would make it look unbalanced. I don't think I would be able to fit the whole of my in depth analysis on there because of the way it would take up the page.

Middle right: The title is at the top of the page on top of what would be lots of different coloured squares. This would save on space and it is a way of making the page look interesting at the same time. It would allow for a rather big article and a few images placed in between the article when needed and could caption it as well.

Bottom left: This is another balanced design with equal amounts of text on each side with a few images. I think I would change the quote box to an image as then it would all be equal and embed the quote somewhere in the article. I really like this layout and might use this design in my illustrator experimentation.

Bottom right: This layout looks more like a type of mind map, it would allow for lots of images and text which would be rather ideal seeing as my in depth analysis' are quite long and the artists that I have used for the photography side do have a lot of images that would have to fit on the page.    

No comments:

Post a Comment