Friday 1 February 2013

Evaluation


Write an explanation of your brief - what did you have to do? How did you come up with the ideas for your personal project? 

My brief was to create a magazine with an advert, front cover, illustrative article, feature spread and a photography double page article.  I had to look at artists work first and then had to create drawings using them as an influence. Most of my ideas were placed in a mindmap and this helped me branch to the area I wanted to go.

2. Write about the creative 'journey' of the project - how did the project and ideas evolve from start to finish through experimentation and research?

I first started by sketching objects and drawing them in a way that showed my influence from the artists I looked at, I also looked into photographic artists as I was creating a magazine which I would need photos for. I created mind maps and collages to start my ideas flowing and then showed my development through programs like illustrator and Photoshop. I also done hand made things like titles which related back to the typography project that we done previously which helped make my magazine look better.

3. Who inspired your final outcomes? - You MUST talk about who has inspired your work - include images and links where possible.

For inspiration on my final outcomes I used the technique that the artists used and developed them in a way that shows this through the design of my magazine. So Georgina Luck as an example would be good as I experimented with finger painting and she does quite messy sketchy things so I thought that this suited her style. On my feature spread page I used a collage to create my title and this came from the illustrator from The Very Hungry Catapillar books Eric Carle as my techer suggested that it does make it look more natural which is what fruit is, a natural product.

4. What do you think you have done well? What has worked? Are you happy with your final outcomes?

The typography on my Georgina Luck page and the feature spread is definately something that worked well, according to one of my peers changing he digital font to the collage I made on my feature spread was an improvement and made it look so much better. I think if I had more time I could have made it much better, but I am happy about what is in there.

5. What do you think you could have improved in your final outcome? - you need to talk about something, nobody is perfect!

To improve on would have to be the Henrik Bonnevier page, I did not know that we had to place this in our final outcome so definately if I had the chance to would change this and re design this page over again.

6. Conclusion - overall how did you find the project? What techniques would you like to develop further in the future?

I think this project was really good as it helped me develop my skills on photoshop and illustrator more and allowed me to try out all the hand made things like the typography at the same time. I think I would like to develop my skills on the digital programs as I am not so good at using them and I would benefit from this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment