Friday 25 January 2013

Development of front cover

I started with one piece of fruit and changed the colours of it in photoshop to do this I went to image>adjustments>hue/saturation. I created an arrangement of colours and so decided to create a repeat pattern. I also done this process to the oranges.   


                           
I then started adding in images and text
I decided to use georgina's hand font that I used for digital experimentation as the font for my front cover as I was able to create and outline of the letter and the inside of having the background seep through.

From here I need to add the title to this piece

 I then decided to put it in photoshop so that I could get rid of the background in my title
 To make the other images stand out more I have put a box around it I first tried it with blue and at the bottom of the page.
 I then decided that I did not like the colour or where the box was placed so decided to start again on this idea



I made the box sit on the right hand side and chose a colour with the eye dropper tool off the red apple. I decided that the text would go over the box and onto the apples.

An artist that I could resemble the coloured apples and oranges to is Andy Warhol as it looks very much like pop art:

1 comment:

  1. I love the Warhol style apples (no mention of a link there!). I think they work best if you keep them in a single block shape. So for example, try placing the other images and text all down one side or across the bottom.

    Bold coloured text could work better as there's so much white background. Stick to the colours of the fruit and keep everything bold! Do you have a bolder image to replace the necklace image with?

    ReplyDelete