Thursday 2 May 2013

clipping masks


This clipping mask was made in Photoshop. The first step was to take a picture in this case of a woman to relate to my theme of feminism I then made it black and white and put it into a number. I put it into a random number as women usually say about men that "we are just a number to them" like the relationship doesn't mean anything. I have used only the head of the person in photograph, as this is where I want the focus to be. This piece relates to M&M Paris's clipping masks but I have changed this technique by using numbers instead of letters.


These clipping masks have been inspired by Julie Cockburn. I used the same type of technique in Photoshop using different geometric shapes to cover the face. I chose areas of the face and bits of their clothing so that it would give an impression of a more mixed up face.                      

I decided to take this idea further by making my own shapes to do with women the first one that I created was a collection of saucepans, I then drew on top of these saucepans so that it was more obvious that this was the object that I was using. I think that this relates to my theme even more than the geometric pieces as I am incorporating feminism into it just like my other collages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment