Monday 10 December 2012

typography for advert

these are the three examples of the font that I wanted to use on my final piece, each of them have their own aspects of the idealised font that I would want. I knew that I wanted something with serifs for the word identity and something bold for the word London. 

For the first font I used a website called Dafont as I didn't just want to use the set fonts on Photoshop, I wanted to see what was out there. The word identity is made using Aida serif oblique medium and the word London is made using London between. I think this one is quite good compared to the others as it takes a soft approach, the word identity is slightly italic and does use my serif idea. 

For my second font I think this one looks quite formal, here I have used the font Cochin for identity and Copperplate Gothic bold for London. I need to remember my audience and I think this font is to serious and posh compared to the other one especially on the word London, however I do like the serifs and would be a font that I would chose for a much expensive and classier watch. When I look at the space between the letters it just seems much tighter where as the first one looks quite lose. 

For the last example of the typography I could use, for the word identity I used Georgia and for the word London I used Stone sans OS ICT TT. I think the word London is to bold and again the word Identity seems to have the letters to close together. 

I have decided to go with my first example as it uses everything that I want in the logo, the word London is bold, the letters are spaced out and their are serifs in the places that I want them to be so is perfect for my final piece.   

No comments:

Post a Comment