Monday 14 January 2013

Development of final feature spread


 This blog post shows the stages that I went through to create my final feature spread quite a few changes were made to the typography in the end as I experimented more. Other decisions that I made were the changing of the fruit and trying to add a background colour.
The main image placed on the page, this image was the collection of fruit which had the background cut out.






I started placing fruit behind the text but some of it was either to dark or had a weird cut off points so had to change this. so I looked at my images to see if I could gather separated fruit or a group of fruits that wouldn't be to dark or have strange cut off points.

I looked on my edited images and these three pieces were the ones that weren't touched by any other pieces of fruit so could have a clear cut.
I decided to play with the opacity of it in photoshop , however when I put it in illustrator it didn't keep the fade.

3 comments:

  1. Your layout is coming together well. Take a look at the work of Eric Carle as a suggestion for possible experimentation. Texture from paint or magazine pages could be cut into shapes.

    An off white background will soften the look and add to the natural feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has come together well but I'd like to suggest some alterations.

    Fruit illustrations- you can loose the white background easily and the overlay just the pencil lines over the brown paper. I can show you how to do this.

    Individual fruit photos- the cropped edges are a bit of a distraction. Perhaps look at repositioning them so the cropped edges are less obvious. Maybe better to add another element like using the brush tool. Talk to me in person to get a better idea about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting there!!! The cropped fruit is looking better. Can you try removing the white background from your fruit illustrations?

    1. In Photoshop use the magic wand selection tool in the main toolbar
    2. Select the white background pixels, then go to Select->Similar to select all the white pixels
    3. Press Backspace to delete the white pixels

    Should be worth a go!

    ReplyDelete