Monday 14 January 2013

typography for feature spread


To get these fonts I visted the sight Dafont and typed in certain keywords to do with the theme of my feature spread the first the three, even the little illustrations were found by using the keyword fruit and the last one was found using the word juice. All of these fonts remind me of fruit and I wanted something that looked quite fun for my magazine as my layouts are quite bright anyway, and I wanted to make being healthy look fun and appealing.

I tried the fonts in both the titles that I might use on my feature spread to see which one looked better. For the first font this looks more like juice because of its wobbly free flowing nature that looks like dribbles of fruit juice. Even though it reminds me of something to do with a fruit drink I could actually see this being on my final piece as it is probably the best font I have got here.

The second font is rather serious than the other one and reminds me of the font from television program spongebob squarepants. The font is rather jagged by enlarging parts of the font and putting capital letters in the middle of the words. Although it does look rather tropical I don't think I will be using this font as I don't think it is really suitable as I don't think it looks very fun and will be able to get my message across at the same time.

Obviously the illustrations are not a font but I thought these would be great to put a panel of them if I separated a piece of font from the main article. I could even attempt to draw a few things myself which have been inspired by this by looking at the pictures of the fruit that I took.

The third font has been given definition by the shadow made in the background, I think that the vitamin one looks like something that would go in a magazine, I'm not sure why it may just be the way the font looks, its readable, it gets the message across to get people to get more of their daily vitamins but still looks fun.

I have decided that I am going to use my third font with the title Vitamins A-Z but will make the title longer in order to fit in with the fold in the centre of page. The font looks natural and not to developed like the first font, I think this fits in because fruit is seen as something natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment