Wednesday 23 January 2013

final illustrative artist article

This is my final illustrative article. I used the idea of taking the same colour of the image just like I originally said so it all matches and shows that there is a theme running through it to show that it is all part of the same article.
 I originally used potato prints to create the title and using a red colour to do this, I knew I would be able to change the colour to match the necklace by using the eye dropper tool. I clicked image>adjustments> replace colour.

 I decided first to add in columns but on talking to one of my teachers she said to change the allignment of the text to make it more different from other magazines.

 I then decided to place the images at the bottom of the right hand page so the text wasn't to crowded with images.


2 comments:

  1. Well done for pushing this further! It works well but I fear I must mention 2 things:

    1. It's unusual to see that amount of text in a magazine without it being split into columns. This is done to break up the text and allow the reader to dip into articles more as they're often read on the go. Perhaps you could try 2 or 3 columns?

    2. Is the text aligned to the middle of the double page? If so then it should shifted to the right a little to avoid the page fold.

    Only small things to adjust but well worth thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ment to talk to you about this, I showed claire the column version and I have got a screen shots which I need to put up of it. Claire said to me to put it as one big block of text I then showed her this piece and she said it was fine like that.

      2. I will adjust the text alignment.

      Delete